IHMRI is an independent health and medical research institute who is partnered with the University of Wollongong and the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District and has 2 fully equipped clinical research trial units (CRTU) .
The 1st CRTU is a purpose-built facility in IHMRI’s headquarters located in building 32 at the University of Wollongong (UOW) where both investigator-initiated and industry studies are conducted.
The 2nd CRTU is based on level 1 of Lawson House at The Wollongong Hospital, also conducts investigator-initiated clinical research and commercially trials in collaboration with clinicians from the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
Both CRTU’s are fully equipped with:
- Clinic/exam rooms with beds; privacy curtain;
- Blood taking facilities
- General vitals equipment BP/SPO2/Temp monitor/ECG
- Pre-analytical lab with centrifuge; biosafety cabinet; -20 freezer and medical/vaccine fridge both with temperature monitoring and emergency back-up power.
- Pharmacy with temperature monitoring; double lock system cabinetry and S8 safe.
- Emergency trolley/crash cart.
- Participant parking facilities
- Comfortable reception area with tea/coffee facilities
- Dedicated full time experienced Clinical Trial Coordinators/RN’s with all necessary trial related accreditation (i.e. GCP, venepuncture and safe transport of biological samples by air)
Located at the UOW CRTU we have -80 freezer with 24/7 alarmed temperature monitoring and emergency power back-up, fully equipped commercial kitchen and file storage facilities.