Current Antidepressant Not Working? New Potential Treatment May Help
Both males and females
18 years to 70 years
Depression is a serious and disabling illness that affects millions of people every year. Many of those struggling with depression feel that currently available antidepressants have not adequately treated their symptoms.
This study is evaluating an investigational medication, designed to work with antidepressants, to see whether it might improve unresolved symptoms of depression.
This study is looking for men and women between the ages of 18 & 70 who are currently suffering from depression. Participants are required to attend 14 to 20 study visits at the research site over a 4 – 6 month period, and may, or may not, experience an improvement in their depressive symptoms. Participants will receive either the study medication or a placebo, in addition to a standard antidepressant (there is a 50% chance of receiving a placebo).
Most participants who complete the study, will be given the option to trial the investigational medication for 12 months as part of a separate study. Everyone in the second, separate study will receive the active study medication – there is no placebo group in this part of the trial.
- You may experience an improvement in your depressive symptoms
- You will be helping to find potential options for those who do not find relief with current antidepressant therapies
- During your participation in the trial the cost of your current antidepressant will be covered and you will receive the study medication free of charge
- You will be reimbursed for your travel
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Men and women aged 18 to 70 who suffer from depression
- Able to attend 14-20 study visits at the research site in Frankston over 4 – 6 months
- Are currently experiencing symptoms of depression for at least 2 months
- Antidepressants have not adequately treated their symptoms of depression
Approved By: Bellberry Limited
Clinical Trial Registry Link: